CORKBOARD for Mon. TEA TIME in L.A. (#22)REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Mon. Tea Time in L.A.(#22) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 15, 2002, 4:13 PM

UNLIKE TEA TIME, THE "VERSE ONLY" RULE DOES NOT APPLY.
Use the Corkboard for messages to forensicpopouri
or discussion before or after Tea Time. And, yes, do
post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes, . . .

les victimes s'organisent
Supernatural_Lawyer

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day
#11 - OUT OF MIND, OUT OF SIGHT (aka INVISIBLE GIRL)

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day
#42-49/154 (8-Sonnet Sequence) VISIBLE CRUELTY

PART 1: tid=69276
PART 2: tid=69275
PART 3: tid=69274
PART 4: tid=69273

APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

* FP's "French Chip" is named babelfish

* "five feet long" <ewg> 1 Tea Leaf to prunehilda

* "Red Kevlar Diaries" - Tea Time for HBO? <g>

* "JOB(S)" OPENING: (rotating) Terrace Bartendar (Tea Leaves + Tips) <G>

* Rhetorical Question: What happens when we reach sonnet #154/154?

===
NEW TEA TIME GUESTS READ:
* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME: tid=68518

THE CORKBOARD APPEARS APPROXIMATELY 3 HRS BEFORE TEA TIME.

P.S. <smile> I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone. ==============================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 16, 2002, 4:18 PM 1 of 14

I'm just very, very sleepy. <g> I have read, but
will reread again ALL the things that have been posted.

Don't always expect a direct response. Sometimes the
response may be buried in a sonnet . . . or encoded
in the design. Of course, sometimes I may just
completely blank out <smile> so never be offended.

LATER

END OF CORKBOARD #22 =========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 16, 2002, 4:13 PM 2 of 14

Tuesday's CORKBOARD #23 is up at tid=71612

Sonnets #50-58 (another 8-sonnet sequence) is in
a new format (strung into one topic) tid=71591

NOTE: Please do NOT post comments in the sonnet thread.
We'll see if this new way to post long sonnet sequences
will remain "undefiled" <smile>

LATER.

I was hoping...
Posted by: It_must_be_Tuesday - Apr 16, 2002, 2:46 PM 3 of 14

...to see some pearls of wisdom. :o)

AND AS MONDAY TURNS TO TUESDAY IN SANTA MONICA =============================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 16, 2002, 3:03 AM 4 of 14

I'll read all the messages of the day with care . . . and see what
responses that beauty (and duty) demand.

LATER.

Glow and SuperNatural Lawyer ( And Notes to FP)
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 16, 2002, 12:08 AM 5 of 14

The key to the portal is to write sonnets in perfect iambic pentameter and the Oracle holds the key. So we have to write at least one sonnet in iambic pentameter (even though my dictionary says that sonnets are only "usually" written in iambic pentameter)to please Forensic.

I have known this for a while and maybe that's why I have resisted. I don't follow arbitrary orders very well and just couldn't help but to test how far he would take it. I need logical reasons for a course of action.

That's what all that stuff about the tribe and the code and following the rules or they will shun you is likely about.

Also, I believe there is only one FP but he may be in cahoots with others who are supporting him. However, I still haven't a clue as to who Forensic Popouri may be.

Question to FP: If the Oracle is programmed by The Powers That Tea how can it/he judge what has a soul?

PS to FP: I knew that the second sonnet lesson was only bait and thats why I didn't reply. I also knew it was payback for my annoying you at Tea Time so I'm sorry. My bad.

Okay I know I said that I've had enough for today, but I just had to add...
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 10:21 PM 6 of 14

One more clue from today's tea time:

"THE PORTAL here. The shimm'ring wall, right there
is under my control. I am the key. "

So the Oracle, The Powers That Tea, is the key and controls the portal. Hhhmmmmm so if he's the key are we supposed to find out who he is? No, I don't think so, I think the point is to find out the purpose of the portal and he is the key that opens it. The key has all of the answers, which we must find out for ourselves.

More Clues: Mister Verschip posted this in today's tea time and the Oracle said that Mister Verschip said the "sonnet keyword"

"The tribe of Hollywood requires a code.

If you do not conform to all their rules,

they'll quickly SHUN you, say "Jack, hit the road.

They see outsiders as a bunch of fools. "

Which word is the keyword: tribe, code or shun, or all or some other one?

Whose rules? Hollywood's rules or the Oracle's rules? If we shun the Oracle's rules, will he shun us? Who are the outsiders? Or is this just for fun?

*Sigh* okay enough for now!

I'll check back later to see what the results are.

:o)

prunehilda
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 9:47 PM 7 of 14

Yeah I read that thread too. Do you think he's exaggerating? Maybe not. It would probably take me that long to just compose a proper Shakespearean sonnet. LOL

For both prunehilda and SNL:
So, I've finally read yesterday's Tea Time threads and these are some of the clues I got, but I'm not going to analyse them yet, I'm tired of thinking hard.

Clues from yesterday's Tea Time:
-humanity
-only humans pass
-rhetorical verse is a mixture of two things: Poetry and Law.
-Asoul, not just soul.

Clues from today's Tea Time:
-Hollywood
-Shun
-Code
-soul (again)
-Charm

I'm sure you all noticed these and I probably missed a few too.

One more thing, I was re-reading FP's thread on "Why I post in Shakespearan Sonnets" and these two lines caught my eye.

"One's argument, you're always in suspense...
of your conclusion, 'til you reach the fence."

Well, FP et al. surely have us in suspense and I think they're going to hold out on us until the very end, for sonnet 154!

Oh and another thing. I had just finished watching the last ep for season 3, you know when the scoobies graduate from highschool, etc., well Buffy and Faith share a dream in that ep and Faith said to Buffy, "Human weakness never goes away." I think Faith was referring to both Angel and the mayor. Both are not human, but they kept their human tendencies, i.e. weakness. Since humanity means the fact or quality of being human, isn't human weakness just a symptom of humanity? Therefore, doesn't that mean they (Angel and the mayor and Mister_Verschip for that matter) may have a speck of humanity?

What do you all think?

Glow and SNL
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 8:26 PM 8 of 14

Earlier today Merv and FP had a conversation and FP mentioned that he was spending 18 hours a day working out the kinks of Tea Time. God I wish he would just open up a little bit.

I know you'll read this later tonight FP. You know I couldn't resist finding out a little more about you...the conspiracy and all.

SNL
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 8:14 PM 9 of 14

Yeah, you're probably right. I think it was the lack of sugar in my system that made me think he could be Joss.

Okay, I'm going to read yesterday's Tea Time threads. It seems that I missed out on a lot.

glow...
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 15, 2002, 7:57 PM 10 of 14

I definitely thought of the connection Joss (or another wirter from the show) and FP... but this thought is getting further and further as I am reading older Tea Times. FP seems just like "any other Bronzers" (I don't mean that in any derogatory way!). I am not sure any person connected with the show would have the liberty to connect to the Bronze at fixed hour everyday and even stay on that late. Also, why would they talk about meeting JM at the grocery store?
No, I am getting the feeling this person is a "computer guy" (programmer? analyst? ... ) working from home, with the liberty to arrange their schedule around tea time. Does that make any sense??

Hiya SNL
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 6:54 PM 11 of 14

First FP wrote it as babble fish, but then he changed it to babel. I think he's referring to the city of Babel that is mentioned in the bible. So I looked up Babel in my trusty dictionary and it states: (1) Babel was a city thwarted in building a tower to heaven when God created a confusion of tongues. (2) a confusion of voices, sounds, etc. or the scene of this.

So, is FP saying that we are a babel because we have been conversing not only in English, but in French as well?

I think Tea Time is a babel because there is so much confusion in FP's clues and it's also confusing as to the purpose and final destination of Tea Time. Hhmmmmm...I just thought of something else. Look at the first definition of Babel. Are we the people of Babel building a tower to heaven, heaven being the outcome of this sonnetizing experiment, and then God creates a confusion of tongues. Is the God here Forensic Popouri or is it us with our attempts at verse that's creating the din of noise? It seems to make sense.

However, perhaps heaven isn't the outcome of Tea Time, but the conclusion of season six. Then that would make the God in this scenario Joss.

WAIT! Does that mean FP is actually Joss? GASP! Duckwheat did tell me once that he thought monkeywithoutpants was Joss. Re: monkeywithoutpants is one of FP's alter egos. No it's not possible. Joss is a very busy man. He doesn't have time for this.

Okay this is just too much for my mind and grumbling stomach. I must go and tend to my french fries.

One more thing. Speaking of the bible and Fish. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. Or something like that. Perhaps FP is trying to teach us how to fish/create sonnets. Grrrr arrrggg! I don't know!!!!

Hi glow; hi all.
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 15, 2002, 6:37 PM 12 of 14

Just passing by (again, I am busy doing actual legal work... this HAS to stop!! It's starting to get in the way in my life as a conspirator!). Have you read yesterday's (Sunday) tea time? I think it's full of interesting clues about FP and the Portal. Look forward to decipher them with you!
Enjoy the French fries (anything French is always appealing to me!)
"babblefish"????

All this talk of french fries is making me hungry
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 6:32 PM 13 of 14

Hiya Supernatural Lawyer, prunehilda and of course of fantastic host Forensic Popouri and all of his counterparts.

I'm going to make some french fries and come back to read over the threads from yesterday's and today's Tea Times. I heard that fish is considered brain food. Good thing I ate some last night. Perhaps it will help me disect Forensic Popouri's cipher speak.

EXCUSE the delay in CORKBOARD appearance
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 15, 2002, 4:15 PM 14 of 14